A Little Lunch Music: Australia Ensemble presents a French Affair at Sydney City Recital Hall
Longing to spend your lunch hour device-free and served with a slice of serenity? Drop in for City Recital Hall’s long running series of lunchtime concerts, A Little Lunch Music.
Each concert is an hour of musical escapism performed by some of Australia’s best artists, curated by Kathryn Selby AM, Artistic Director of this series. Take your pick from one (or all!) of 12 events in 2018, feel free to bring your lunch into the auditorium.and return to the rest of your day feeling uplifted and inspired.
On Tuesday 10 April, 12:30 pm, “Australia Ensemble presents a French Affair” will exemplifies the exquisite qualities of French music, from the stylish wit of Milhaud through to the romantic sensibilities of Saint-Saëns. Harpist Alice Giles joins the Australia Ensemble in this gorgeous program, which explores a wonderful palette of instrumental colours and emotions.
This 1-hour concert will feature: Milhaud Suite for clarinet, violin and piano; Duruflé Prelude, Recitatif and Variations for flute, viola and piano; Saint Säens Fantasie for violin and harp; Ravel Introduction and Allegro for flute, clarinet, string quartet and harp.
Other events in the A Little Lunch Music series include:
- The Idea Of North – Thursday 10 May 12.30pm
- Chaika – Wednesday 13 June 12.30pm
- Kathryn Selby And Timo-Veikko Valve – Thursday 5 July 12.30pm
- Greta Bradman Presents Elevate – Tuesday 31 July 12.30pm
- Tinalley String Quartet – Thursday 23 August 12.30pm
- Judy Bailey And Sydney Conservatorium Jazz – Tuesday 25 September 12.30pm
- Arrebato Ensemble – Tuesday 16 October 12.30pm
- Kathryn Selby – Friday 16 November 12.30pm
- Future Stars Of Musical Theatre With Bev Kennedy – Thursday 13 December 12.30pm
A Little Lunch Music: Australia Ensemble presents a French Affair, Tuesday 10 April – 12:30 pm, City Recital Hall. All tickets $15, book here: cityrecitalhall.com
Have your say ! Email you opinion pieces, ideas or corrections at email@example.com