Melbourne Bastille Day French Festival : 16 & 17 JULY 2021
The joie de vivre returns to Melbourne this winter when the Bastille Day French Festival, presented by Peugeot, celebrates Bastille Day and all things French at Fed Square.
10am – 10pm Friday 16 July
10am – 6pm Saturday 17 July 2021*
*times subject to change and last entry 30 minutes prior to closing time
- Explore the French Winter Market in the Atrium and Plaza at Fed Square, featuring Melbourne’s best French stalls selling mulled wine, crêpe, croissants, pastries, cheese and champagne just to name a few
- Wonder at ‘The Knot’ by French artist Cyril Lancelin at Fed Square
- Kick up your heels with live roaming entertainment including live music and performances
- Relax in a deck chair at Fed Square to watch French Can Can on the Fed Square screen on Friday 16 July at 8pm
- Tune into a series of online and screened digital content and films including the made-in Melbourne short documentary, Home Shift Home.
- Learn more about French culture as you dive into the series of Les Lumières Talks, Bleu, Blanc, Rouge and Vert discussing history, art, culture and sustainability
- Tempt your taste buds with Caudalie. A Guided Online Wine Tasting from the comfort of your own home.
- Test your French knowledge with our live French Trivia session.
- Discover the hidden elements of France in the streets of Melbourne on the Bouygues Art Frolic Walking Tour.
- Indulge in the finest produce at Delicieux! A French Market Lunch or French Spirits & Cheese Masterclass.
- Experience the beauty of France through eMotion, an international travelling art exhibition, at Melbourne Town Hall, celebrating new technologies, the work of four young international photographers, and cultural sites throughout France.
- ISFAR (Institute for the Study of French-Australian Relations) invites you to explore French-Australian relations in a fun online trivia quiz of 12 questions. Many prizes are on offer, including vouchers from our sponsors France at Home and Cacao! The winners will be announced during the Bastille Day French Festival (16-17 July).